Prepare an eight- to ten-page fundamental financial analysis (excluding appendices, title page, abstract, and references page) that will cover each of the following broad areas based on the financial statements of your chosen company:
a. Provide a background of the firm, industry, economy, and outlook for the future.
b. Analyze the short term liquidity of the firm.
c. Analyze the operating efficiency of the firm.
d. Analyze the capital structure of the firm.
e. Analyze the profitability of the firm.
f. Conclude with recommendations for the future analysis of the company (trend analysis).
Writing the Final Paper The paper
• Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style
• Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
• Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
• Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
• Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
• Must use at least three scholarly sources , in addition to the text.
• Must document all sources in APA style.
• Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style.
Epstein, L. (2014). Financial decision making: An introduction to financial reports [Electronic version]. Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
Investopedia Staff. (n.d.). Ratio analysis: Using financial ratios (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Investopedia. Retrieved from http://www.investopedia.com/university/ratios/ratios1.asp
NetMBA, Business Knowledge Center. (2010). Financial ratios (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Retrieved from http://www.netmba.com/finance/financial/ratios/
Distinguished – Provides an accurate and thorough background of the firm, the industry, the economy, and the outlook for the future.
Distinguished – Accurately and thoroughly analyzes the firm’s financial statements, including short term liquidity, operating efficiency, capital structure, and profitability.
Distinguished – Concludes with accurate and thorough recommendations for future analysis of the firm’s financial status, including trend analysis
Distinguished – Clearly and comprehensively explains the issue to be considered, delivering all relevant information necessary for a full understanding.
Distinguished – Uses appropriate, pertinent, and persuasive content to discover and develop sophisticated ideas within the context of the discipline, shaping the work as a whole.