Unit: Insurance and the Role of Government in Healthcare
Deliverable Length: 10–15 slides
You have been asked to help the government officials of Sunnydale to better understand their role in local health care. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation of 10–15 slides, including detailed speaker’s notes summarizing your findings, addressing the following:
- Discuss the similarities and differences among monopoly, perfect competition, and oligopoly.
- Explain the importance of government involvement with health care entities at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Examine the structure, conduct, and performance paradigm as it relates to health care.
- Discuss the implications of the Sherman Antitrust Act on Sunnydale Care.
- Provide an overview of the structure and operation of Medicare and Medicaid.
- What services do each cover?
- How is coverage established?
- What are the funding differences?
- 6. Discuss the benefits and challenges of government involvement at Sunnydale Care.
Adherence to APA standards, including citations and references, is required.