1. Discuss the relationship between the hungries like Melanie and the hungries that attack the army base, AND identify what makes the hungries like Melanie unique.
2. Consider the hopeful monster theory you learned about in lecture.
· Explain why Melanie meets the criteria of a hopeful monster.
3. To what extent does Dr. Caroline Caldwell resemble the archetypal scientist? In your response make sure that you refer to the definition of an archetypal scientist and provide specific examples to support your points.
4. Consider the following statement made by Dr. Caroline Caldwell to Dr. Justineau: “Please remember, Doctor, that the subject presents as a child but is actually a fungal colony animating a child’s body. There’s no place for sentiment here.”
· Based on your assessment of Melanie’s actions in the film, do you agree or disagree with Dr. Caldwell? Explain your reasoning.
Link of movie(It is hard to find a free source for this movie, this link is from a Chinese website, but it is ok to watch): http://www.dnvod.tv/Movie/Readyplay.aspx?id=hkyKtuM7vB4%3d