this is the article that you will use it in the reflection paper.
Consider the following suggestions to guide you through writing your reflection paper.
- Summarize the main theme
- Answer the following questions using your critical thinking and analysis
- Should the Government play a key role in aiding the uninsured, or should market forces reign supreme?
- How should government finance its efforts to aid the uninsured?
- How much control should the government have over the private health insurance industry?
- How is the affordable care act part of the problem or part of the solution to improving health care delivery in the United States?
- Brainstorming: make connections between your text, observations, experiences, or opinions and the article
DISCUSSION (ONLY I PAGE double spaced)
A CEO of a horizontally integrated health care organization, in a presentation to previous EMHA students, suggested that the persons receiving services at their facilities are ‘actual patients’ for about 5% of the time they are at the facility and for the rest of the time they are general consumers. Because patient satisfaction is one of their strategic goals, the CEO explained that addressing this goal begins before individuals even get to the parking lot. For example: Are phone calls answered in timely fashion; what is the tone of the respondent on the call; how timely are appointments; is there ease of parking; what are the attitudes of the valets, receptionists’ body language; do care providers make eye contact; does the care team appear kempt and competent; is the clinical visit (the 5%) rushed; how are difficult financial issues handled; etc. How can a healthcare organization address all these, as well as the other unlisted issues, without getting bogged down in minutia? What are your thoughts?