Assignment Overview Type: Individual Project Unit: Energy Due Date: Tue, 10/24/17 Grading Type: Numeric Points Possible: 120 Points Earned: 0 Deliverable Length: 3-page, APA-style research paper View objectives for this assignment Go To:
Looking for tutoring? Go to Smarthinking Collapse All | Expand All
You will prepare an APA-style research paper to discuss energy topics, as follows:
- In your own words, describe the laws of thermodynamics.
- Explain how these scientific laws apply to energy use, energy conversions, and the need for energy efficiency.
- Describe the pros and cons of the following energy types, writing 1 paragraph for each:
- Fossil fuel: Oil, natural gas, and coal
- Nuclear energy
- Solar energy
- Wind power
- Water (hydro) power
- Bioconversion (biofuel)
- Research and describe 2 provisions of the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
- Describe each provision, and provide your opinion about how each provision helps the United States meet energy use goals.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Please submit your assignment.
The following rubric will be used for grading:
Content Development/Critical Thinking: Student uses relevant content to fully and accurately answer all questions. Student demonstrates critical thinking by synthesizing original answers in student’s own words based on reading and research, and includes relevant examples.
Organization, Grammar, and Presentation: Organization is clear. Writing clearly and effectively communicates relevant content. Few if any errors in grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
5% Information Literacy and Research: Student selects and uses high-quality, credible references relevant to the assignment questions.
5% Sources are correctly cited using APA style: The paper follows APA format and includes a title page, abstract, body of paper, and reference list.