I need an essay written using the following case study – http://switchandshift.com/the-gm-culture-crisis
Here are the directions:
This essay should begin with a brief description (one paragraph) to transition the reader to a new analysis lens. The largest component of this paper should focus on the leadership approach and any shifts through the course of the case study example, including any aspects of the culture that influenced the organization. Lastly, the final aspects of the paper is to connect the analysis into insights and conclusions.
Paper must be a minimum of 750 words, but I would like it longer if possible.
Also, please use other sources along with the case study provided.
After reading the case study, answer these questions.
III. Evaluate Leadership Theory
- Describe a leadership style used in the case study and why there was a shift in leadership style throughout the case study.
- Explain the characteristics and decisions of management in the case study that help explain the shift in leadership style.
- Identify the internal and external influences on the organization that may have caused the shift in leadership style. Be sure to explain your choices.
- Describe the relationship between a leadership style used by the organization in the case study and the decision-making process.
IV. Assess Organizational Culture
- Discuss the internal culture present within the organization. Be sure to utilize terms relative to organizational behavior.
- Identify specific examples from the case study that demonstrate the internal culture present within the organization.
V. Insights and Conclusions.
- Explain why the leadership style(s) and internal culture of the organization complement each other or do not complement each other.
- Explain whether or not the changes in leadership style or internal culture or the organization influenced each other.
- Explain how the leadership styles and internal culture or the organization may have influenced the behavior of the employees within the organization. You could consider providing specific examples from within the case study to support your response.