Marketing Report 20%
2500 words (+/-10%) correctly referenced. Times New Roman 12pt, Calibri 11pt or Arial 10pt, 1.5 lines spacing, Harvard (Anglia) references.
Marketing Report for a company – each student has to nominate a company (the client) for this plan. (My company is Apple )
Tutor needs to approve the chosen company before the group can proceed to the next stage
( COMPANY TO DO REPORT IS APPLE )
This assessment is designed to apply the knowledge and skills developed by the students to evaluate external and internal environment of a company and identify new offering based on the result of environmental scanning.
Students are required to conduct a SWOT analysis, identifying the internal strengths and weaknesses and external opportunities and threats of the company. The goal of a SWOT analysis is to identify the critical factors that may affect the proposed business concept (or new product or new services) and then build on the strengths to reduce the weaknesses, exploit opportunities and avoid potential threats.
Students are also expected to identify and describe using segmenting variables, one target market being served by the nominated client and devise a brief marketing strategies.
• students need to base their marketing report on appropriate theory and other relevant current market information where possible.
• Students should support their report with the text and a minimum of FOUR (4) other academically relevant and acceptable sources.
• These may include academic journal articles, research reports and industry analyses, but groups need to be aware of the validity of sources e.g. an unsupported newspaper article may not be considered valid.
Suggested Structure of the report
Section 1 : Introduction and background to the company
Section 2 : Analysis of the marketing environment (external & Internal)
Section 3 : Recommendation
- Target Market
- New product/new services description
- Marketing Mix relevant strategies
Section 4 : Conclusion