What are at least three characteristics found in all hospices and how can one distinguish hospice care from the standard care of the dying?
I have come up with a few things off the top of my head, but I am not sure about the validity.
1) Don’t prolong life; don’t hasten death
2) Support caregivers; don’t take the place of caregivers
3) Painfree; die with dignity
Your help is greatly appreciated.
1) This one is accurate. Hospice don’t use drugs to prolong life.
2) This is partly accurate as a hospice doesn’t take the place of caregivers but a hospital also doesn’t take the place of caregivers, although both a hospice and a hospital will provide all the care that is needed while a caregiver is not available but nothing will ever be able to replace the personal relationship of a caregiver to the …
This solution discusses the three characteristics found in all hospices.