As one of the top e-discovery investigators on the East Coast of the United States with hundreds of hours of international e-discovery experience, you have been asked to provide an overview of the challenges at a conference by a joint United States/European Union forensics committee. Before you speak, the committee would like a 3-5-page report on the differences between the data privacy regulations in the European Union (EU) and in the United States.
Your report should include the following information:
- A title page
- An introduction to the contents of the report
- The detailed facts concerning the EU’s handling of privacy and protecting the rights of the individual
- The United States’ federal approach to data privacy
- Identification of the privacy laws both in the United States and in the EU and their differences
- The e-discovery challenges presented to the investigator as a result of the privacy differences between the United States and the EU
- A conclusion that details the challenges and differences at a high level
The report should be a minimum of 3–5 pages in length (excluding the title page) and neatly formatted & References should be properly cited in APA format.