Imagine you are in charge of your local health department. You have found that your community has an epidemic of one of the diseases below (as noted by your last name).
Explain the actions you should take to reduce or stop the spread of the disease in your community. Develop a policy brief that you would implement to ensure that the disease incidence rate is reduced or eliminated.
Start by reviewing the articles on quasi-government and non-governmental agencies in your REQUIRED course materials. Then:
- Provide solid definitions of governmental agencies, quasi-government, non-government agencies. Please do not copy your definitions from a dictionary or any source. You must explain these in your own words. Copying and/or direct quoting will result in 0 points on this portion of your assignment.
- Explain the difference between public health and medical services.
INSTRUCTIONS: Complete the chart below. In each box in column 1, you need to select four public health concerns from the list below. (You might want to review information on some of the suggested health topics in Chapters 5, 6, 7, and 9 in your textbook, listed in RECOMMENDED course materials.) Your task is to find health-related organizations/agencies and a link to their website that address these issues at three distinct levels:
- Governmental Agencies (column B)
- Quasi-Government Agencies (column C)
- Non-Governmental Agencies (column D).
Then, in column E, write in one or two sentences explaining why this issue is a public or community health concern. Remember that public/community health focuses on populations, not individuals. Think back to your explanation in Part II outlining the differences between public health medical services. You are required to review scholarly research to determine the role of public health as it relates to these issues. Each description MUST include a citation.
Please note that your description of the importance to public health should not be rooted in the individual medical health care. Public health focuses on populations, not individual care. See the example below to help you with your worksheet responses.
Injury and violence prevention
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
(EXAMPLE IN THE ASSIGNMENT )
Step 1: Select one of the following case studies for your paper:
Jennings, B., Kahn, J., Mastroianni, A., and Parker, L. S. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.aspph.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/EthicsCurriculum.pdf
- Module 4: Community-based practice and research: collaboration and sharing power
- Introductory information: p. 103-117 (14 pages)
(( QUESTION SHEET IS ATTACHED ))
Step 2: Download the question sheet for your selected case and address them in a Q/A format, using complete sentences. Please know that although this is not a formal written paper, you still use APA formatting:
- Double-spaced with 1-inch margins
- Separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Reference page formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
- Citations as required according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
- Must use at least two additional sources to support your answers to the case study questions (this does not include the case itself or the textbook)