Lean operations create more value for customers while using fewer resources than traditional operations. In this assignment, you will identify the business planning process for a lean management operation by implementing an information system in a service or manufacturing organization.
Choose a company different from those evaluated in previous assignments. Examples of information systems that reduce waste in organizations could include the following:
- A new inventory tracking software
- An electronic payment system for products and services (For example, a service organization such as a car wash that currently only accepts cash payments upgrades their systems to accept credit card and PayPal payments.)
- A Web site to receive personalized orders from customers for a manufacturing organization
Based on your analysis of the company, address the following:
- Explain the current business model and discuss the benefits of incorporating the lean process. Describe a specific approach to acquiring and using the lean process.
- Justify the incorporation of a lean approach. Describe the potential effect of the business growth as related to supply chain management. Include safety and precautionary processes to protect the business from fraud.
- Examine the product components for the selected business operation. Include the business management aspects of the process, in addition to information on the following topics:
- Purchasing operations
- Outsource delivery
- Lean tenets
- The push-pull system
Write a 1–2-page, in Word format. Use at least three scholarly articles to complete your research. Your writing should be clear, concise, and organized; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of resources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Must be original NO copy or match will be accepted