Week 2: Content Marketing
• explore ways to drive traffic to websites • reflect on concepts from the readings and lessons through discussion posts • learn the basics of SEO
• start developing a content strategy • write SEO-optimized posts – with viral headlines
o Curated and Created posts • identify keywords
Assignment Instructions: Content Marketing
This week, you will be writing for the web – exploring curated vs created blog posts, optimized for SEO, with viral headlines and clear calls to action.
1. Write One Piece of Original (Created) Content : Your created writing (and/or pictures, videos, etc.) that maps to the awareness stage of your buyers journey. Make sure you have a clear point of view and edit your writing.
2. Write One Piece of Curated Content: Curate content from third party sources and weave the curated content together with your own editorial content. Your curated content can be video, images, slideshares, tweets, other blog posts, etc. Be creative and keep it interesting. The topic you curate on should tie back to your topic and should map to the awareness stage of the buyers journey. For full credit on the assignment, you must to demonstrate the following:
• an understanding of the writing for the web best practices • an understanding of how your content maps to your audience’s journey • at least one long-tail keywords identified in each post. • a clear understanding of this week’s material, including: o what a curated blog post is, and how to combine with your own editorial content o how to appropriately credit curated content o SEO-friendly copy (with keywords incorporated) o Viral headlines o Length of 300+ words o Engaging and well-edited blog posts that follow best practices for online writing
The post explore ways to drive traffic to websites appeared first on Best Custom Essay Writing Services | Essaysmiths.com.