The McGraw-Hill Handbook 3rd edition
Exercise – Paragraphs
(Revise the paragraphs below to improve their unity, development, and coherence.)
– Revising paragraphs
1. Vivaldi was famous and influential as a Virtuoso violinist and composers. Vivaldi died in poverty, having lost popularity in the last years before his death. He had been acclaimed during his lifetime and forgotten for two hundred years after his death. Many composers suffer that Fate. The baroque revival of the 1950s brought his music back to the public’s attention.
2. People who want to adopt an exotic pet need to be aware of the consequences. Baby snakes and reptiles can seem fairly easy to manage. Lion and tiger cubs are playful and friendly. They can seem harmless and kittens. Domestic cats can revert to a wild state quite easily. Adult snakes and reptiles can grow large. Many species of reptiles and snakes require carefully controlled environments. Big cates can escape. An exotic animals need professional care. This kind of care is available in zoos and wild animal parks. The best environment for an exotic animal is the wild.
(Write a paragraph for one of the following topic sentences)
– Writing well- developed, coherent paragraphs
1. Awards shows on television often fail to recognize creativity and innovation.
2. Most people learn only those features of a computer program that they need to use every day.
3. First-year students who also work can have an easier time adjusting to the demands of college life than nonworking students.
4. Tweets and e-mail messages that circulate widely can be broken down into several categories.