Discussion Question Instructions: Answer each individual question with no less than 220 words. If you use a reference please add.
1. Discuss the difference between the C and the S corporation including advantages and disadvantages of each.
2. What events will cause an S election to terminate?
3. What would you recommend S corporations do to plan for an orderly termination of an S election? .
4. What is an inadvertent termination of an S election? How does an S corporation and its shareholders rectify an inadvertent termination? What could happen if a company fails to rectify the termination? ..
5. What is a liquidating distribution? What is a nonliquidating distribution? Provide an example of each.
6. Distinguish between the different forms of doing business outside the United States and list their advantages and disadvantages
7. Describe THE U.S. FRAMEWORK FOR TAXING MULTINATIONAL TRANSACTIONS
8. Identify creditable foreign taxes and compute the foreign tax credit limitation.
9. Explain the different multinational taxes as well as other taxation concepts. Discuss THE Key Concepts.
10. Describe the basic U.S. anti-deferral tax regime and identify common sources of subpart F income.