I am trying to understand the difference between quantitative and qualitative research.
I will outline the main features of both types of research, so you can compare. Then I will provide you with some examples of each.
– The researcher knows what types of data he or she is looking for in advance
– The researcher can more easily remain objective throughout the research process
– Data on the outcome of research is reported in numbers, such as percentages and other statistics
– Data is more efficient and can be used to test a hypothesis
– Tools such as a questionnaire or other statistics are used to gather precise numeric data
I believe the three middle features are the most important aspects of quantitative …
The difference between quantitative and qualitative research is clearly explored in this case. References are also provided to further validate the findings.