Read all the directions before continuing.
- Go to
- A political cartoon will appear.
- For more cartoons, scroll down to select Conservative, Liberal, or View All
- Once the page opens, click on a cartoon. Then you may also click on the Previous arrow to view more cartoons by the same artist.
- Choose a political cartoon to analyze – Do not select the same cartoon as another student in the class. Write the cartoonist’s name and the date of the cartoon as your subject. If applicable, indicate liberal or conservative.
- Right click on the cartoon and download it to your computer.
- Upload the cartoon here as part of your response. Answer the following questions:
- Who is the artist? Where and when was it published?
- What does the cartoon look like?
- How does the cartoon make its point? Is it effective?
In order to earn the full points for this assignment, you must:
- Directly and completely answer the questions.
- Clearly and accurately explain your answer.
- Use effective sentence structure, word choice, and grammatical correctness.
- Respond to two students’ posts explaining your reaction to the political cartoon and the comments the student has made concerning the cartoon. .
Reminder: Please make sure to comply with all Netiquette Guidelines listed in the Getting Started module.
Provide a response to a classmate.