While diversity is often considered a strength of the United States, it also presents unique challenges to providing and ensuring health equity for all citizens. The purpose of this assignment is to review a health issue and examine the programs, policies, and social conditions that may have contributed to related health disparities.
Using the Argosy University online library resources and the assigned readings for this module, complete the following:
- Identify a health issue that is linked with social or economic disadvantages.
- Examine the group or groups that have been adversely affected by these disadvantages. Provide data and other information to demonstrate the extent of the problem.
- Broadly review the literature on health disparities, and this condition specifically, to answer the following questions:
- What programs, policies, and social conditions may have contributed to the health inequity?
- What changes have been made in programs, policies, or social conditions to promote health equity for this health issue? What additional changes do you suggest?
Your final product will be a MS Word document of approximately 5–7 pages. You should utilize at least 3 scholarly sources beyond the course readings in your research. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.