For this assignment you will frame a problem for the case study: Metabical: Pricing, Packaging, and Demand Forecasting for a New Weight-Loss Drug. First, select a problem from this case study that could be addressed through an analytics approach.
Next, frame the problem by creating a written brief that could be shared with a colleague. For guidance, reference chapter 2 of the Davenport & Kim text.
Note that you need to frame – not solve – the problem. Create a written brief (3-page minimum) for this assignment. Your brief should address the following seven topics:
1. Define a clear problem or opportunity that addresses what is important to the organization.
2. Define key items or variables you want to study that are relevant to the problem.
3. Identify stakeholders for the problem, including the role of the stakeholder who will make a specific decision based on analysis results once the problem is solved.
4. Consider multiple alternative ways to solve the problem.
5. Adopt an analytical story type to communicate the particular problem (see Davenport & Kim, Chapter 2, pp. 29-40,).
6. Describe previous findings or experiences related to this problem that occurred within or outside of the organization. In other words, if a similar situation has been addressed in the organization or within a similar company, learn from it so you don’t re-invent the wheel.
7. Relevant information may be included in appendices