Hide Folder InformationInstructions
1. Look at issues of Education at a Glance on the internet at: https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/education/education-at-a-glance_19991487.
- Choose two countries to compare.
- Look at the indicator ‘Educational expenditure per student’. How much is spent on each student?
- Look at the OECD average. Who spends more per student? What do or don’t these statistics tell us?
2. Have a look at the PISA report, available at: http://www.oecd.org/publications/pisa-2015-results-volume-i-9789264266490-en.htm
- Which education systems are more equitable?
- How can we explain these differences?
- What role do policy and culture play in narrowing the gaps between advantaged and disadvantaged students?