Watch at least 2 different reality-based Law Enforcement television shows such as COPS and keep a record of the following information for each crime/event.
- The gender and race of the suspects
- The gender and race of the police officers
- The type of crime
- The products being advertised during these programs
Questions to consider:
- What is the predominant race of the suspects? The police officers?
- Do you notice any difference in the behavior of the suspects and police officers when
they are both the same race? Of difference races? Of different genders?
- What types of crimes are featured? Does one type of crime predominate?
- Are the products advertised during these programs directed toward any specific
subgroup of the population? Are they age or gender based?